Summit Obtains ISO 9001 Certification
In May 2012 Summit Data Communications, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Laird Technologies, was awarded the ISO 9001 Quality
Management Systems (QMS) certificate of compliance. Summit was evaluated against the ISO 9001:2008 QMS standard and found by
the certifying authority, British Standards Institute, to be in compliance with the requirements of the standard. This evaluation
included a rigorous review of Summit’s QMS documentation as well as onsite visits during which
the BSI auditor interviewed numerous Summit employees. No nonconformities, either minor or major, were identified during the audit.
The Summit ISO 9001 Certificate of Compliance can be accessed here.
In addition to measures implemented to guarantee product quality, the Summit QMS has documented processes and procedures to ensure:
- A quality policy has been established to provide focus and help guide Summit in achieving its goals and objectives.
- Design and development controls are in place to develop products with features that will meet the expectations of Summit’s customers.
- Customer satisfaction data is collected and monitored closely. Survey results are reported to Summit senior management for their review, analysis, and action.
- Summit has the capability to perform preventive and corrective actions to ensure that the cause of any failure of Summit to achieve its objectives is identified, its root cause determined, and measures put in place to prevent its future occurrence.
- All Summit personnel have the appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities to produce quality products and comply with the Summit QMS.
- Documents are controlled and there are defined procedures for the review and approval of Summit documentation.
- Summit processes are internally audited to ensure continued adherence to documented procedures and to recognize opportunities for improvement.
- Summit top management reviews the continued adequacy of the Summit QMS by reviewing the outputs of its processes and making targeted decisions to ensure continual improvement.
For further information, view the ISO 9001 page on our website here.
Summit is part of the the Connectivity Products Business Unit (CPBU) of Laird Technologies. As CPBU continues to grow, it must embrace processes and systems that ensure the delivery of high-quality products and services to our customers. ISO 9001 certification is a clear signal to CPBU's customers and partners that the organization is serious about instilling a culture of quality and continual improvement.
Nearly one million companies are certified for ISO 9001, making ISO 9001 the world’s most prevalent QMS standard. Meeting the requirements for ISO 9001 demonstrates an organization’s ability to provide high-quality products, maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, and continually improve its products and processes. For additional information regarding the ISO 9000 family of QMS standards, click here.