Summit a Platinum Sponsor at the TCBI Medical Device Connectivity Conference
Summit was recently a Platinum Sponsor at The Center for Business Innovation (TCBI)
third annual Medical Device Connectivity Conference and Exhibition September 8th and 9th in Boston, MA at the Harvard Medical School. This conference remains the only industry event focused on medical device connectivity, and workflow automation through integration of medical devices and information systems.
The conference featured presentations from industry experts including Summit’s VP of Software Engineering, Chris Bolinger. Chris’s presentation focused on deploying wireless medical devices in both the 2.4 GHz and the 5 GHz band. He discussed the difference between the bands, explored how 802.11n unlocks the 5GHz band, and provided guidance on how a hospital can migrate from a single-band to dual-band deployments.
Other presentation subjects included:
- Best Practices for Embedded Medical Device and Gateway Software Applications
- Connectivity Issues Impacting Patient Safety
- New Industry Standards to Support of Medical Device Connectivity
- Applying Best Practices and Risk Control Measures During the Design of a Wireless Medical IT Network
- System Design Considerations for Medical Device Manufacturers
- Medical Device Security: Defining the Need and Solution
For more information about this event, visit the TCBI website here.