BLE is a leading technology in the growing Internet of Things (IoT). The latest specification, Bluetooth 5.0, was specifically designed with the IoT in mind, providing increased range, speed, and broadcast messaging capacity in addition to enhanced security features introduced in version 4.2 of the spec. As a result, BLE devices can now offer significantly improved throughput to securely handle the massive amounts of data within the IoT. Recently, experts from Laird hosted a live webinar and Q&A session titled, “The Evolution of Bluetooth 4.0 to 5.0: Your Guide to What You Need to Know“. The presentation features an in-depth analysis of the changes in the physical signaling as well as feature differences brought in each update since the initial Bluetooth 4.0 release. This technical overview also offers a more detailed look at what makes Bluetooth 5 such an important update for designers creating the next generation of Bluetooth connected devices.
- Providing an overview of the progression of BLE
- A summary of where Bluetooth 5 currently stands in the industry
- Thorough examination of the BLE Specification from 4.0 to 5.0
- Q&A with the presenters
Download the full presentation and video recording of the webinar, here.
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- What You Need to Know About Bluetooth SIG Deprecation of BT v4.1 and Older Specs
- Get a First Look at Laird’s BL654 Bluetooth 5 Module
- Webinar Recap: BLE Mesh – A Practical Guide to Simplify Product Development Time
- BL654 Bluetooth 5 Modules – Coming Soon!
- New BT8x0 Series of Bluetooth HCI Modules Now Available!
August 2018 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31