Everyone has an opinion when it comes to technology, but one thing we can all agree on is the importance of security. No matter the industry, it is always a top concern. Since introduced in 2004, Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2) has been the primary security offered by the Wi-Fi Alliance. However, since its […]
A flaw in the WPA2 security protocol has recently been discovered. The bug, known as “KRACK” for Key Reinstallation Attack, exposes a weakness in WPA2 which is one of the most popular security protocols used to encrypt most modern Wi-Fi connections.
Laird is aware of the industry wide vulnerability impacting WPA2 security and we […]
Setting up a Wi-Fi network in a hospital can be difficult. However, when the right steps are taken IT managers can bypass a lot of headaches and ensure a more reliable and secure network for wireless medical devices. Check out part 4 of the Setting Up Wi-Fi in a Medical Center series, Security.
AES-CCMP is an approved cryptographic method for FIPS 140-2, which defines the standard for cryptographic modules that protect sensitive but unclassified information. Since 2006, support for AES-CCMP has been a requirement for Wi-Fi® certification, so nearly every Wi-Fi chip supports AES-CCMP in hardware, i.e. on the chip. Very few Wi-Fi products, however, are validated for […]
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- New 60 Series SOM & Summit Software Stack Deliver Superior Enterprise-Class Wi-Fi Connectivity
- New BL651 Module Joins Laird’s Growing Nordic Family of BLE 5 Solutions
- What You Need to Know About Bluetooth SIG Deprecation of BT v4.1 and Older Specs
- Get a First Look at Laird’s BL654 Bluetooth 5 Module
- Webinar Recap: BLE Mesh – A Practical Guide to Simplify Product Development Time
December 2021 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31