The demand for mobility and improved patient care is a growing trend in healthcare, leading to more and more hospitals making the transition to wireless. When dealing with sensitive data, it is especially critical to ensure that wireless medical devices are connected securely to the enterprise. The 2015 healthcare environment provides many challenges such […]
As a result of the growing number of innovative devices equipped with wireless technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Zigbee coming to market, the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) has updated two GHz band standards. Mandatory for market access in Europe, the standards updates are set to take effect in January 2015.
ETSI EN 300 […]
Recently, Network World published an article titled “Old-school Wi-Fi is Slowing Down Networks, Cisco Says”. The article goes into detail about two Cisco engineers who are proposing standards changes to scale down unnecessary traffic to Wi-Fi channels. According to the article, the early Wi-Fi standards that first made wire-free networking a […]
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- Webinar Recap: The Evolution of Bluetooth 4.0 to 5.0
- WPA2 KRACK Security Vulnerability
- Laird Updates Popular Line of Bluetooth Modules with v4.2 Connectivity!
- Now Available: Laird’s Sterling 60 Modules Provide Unmatched Connectivity and Performance
- Webinar Recap: An Engineer’s Guide to Practical FCC Compliance Pre-Scans