Greenfield mode is an operational mode of an 802.11n network that can maximize the speed of data transfers. The performance boost of Greenfield mode comes with some significant costs in any environment that includes pre-802.11n client radios.
As an overview, the 802.11n standard provides three operational modes:
With Legacy mode, every 802.11n access point (AP) […]
802.11ac is a draft standard for Wi-Fi® operation. It is a superset of 802.11n and, more importantly, is interoperable with 802.11n and previous standards.
According to a white paper from Ixia:
Video content is expected to exceed 70% of all internet traffic. Increased demand for video content is driving the need for greater throughput […]
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- New 60 Series SOM & Summit Software Stack Deliver Superior Enterprise-Class Wi-Fi Connectivity
- New BL651 Module Joins Laird’s Growing Nordic Family of BLE 5 Solutions
- What You Need to Know About Bluetooth SIG Deprecation of BT v4.1 and Older Specs
- Get a First Look at Laird’s BL654 Bluetooth 5 Module
- Webinar Recap: BLE Mesh – A Practical Guide to Simplify Product Development Time
December 2021 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31