The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) recently announced their decision to deprecate and withdraw older versions of Bluetooth Core specifications from v2.0 to v4.1. Firstly, there is no need to panic. Secondly, here is what you need to know.
Customers who have already certified/listed their product with the Bluetooth SIG are not affected – once […]
With a focus on increasing the functionality of the Internet of Things (IoT), the Bluetooth 5 core specification has established Bluetooth as the global wireless standard for simple secure connectivity, meeting the demand for increased range and speed in the IoT. Bluetooth, specifically its Low Energy functionality (BLE) is traditionally associated with inherently […]
Starting February 1, 2014, the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) is implementing changes to the End Product Listing (EPL) process. The net effect of these changes is a requirement for all OEMs, implementing Bluetooth technology in their products, to pay the Bluetooth SIG a ‘listing’ fee.
The new listing scheme according to the Bluetooth SIG […]
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- New 60 Series SOM & Summit Software Stack Deliver Superior Enterprise-Class Wi-Fi Connectivity
- New BL651 Module Joins Laird’s Growing Nordic Family of BLE 5 Solutions
- What You Need to Know About Bluetooth SIG Deprecation of BT v4.1 and Older Specs
- Get a First Look at Laird’s BL654 Bluetooth 5 Module
- Webinar Recap: BLE Mesh – A Practical Guide to Simplify Product Development Time
September 2021 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30