A new video demonstration for Laird’s BL600 Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) modules is now available. The demo features virtual serial port (vSP), a custom service that allows bi-directional data exchange between the BL600 module and a Central mode device. The video consists of two short demonstrations. The first half of the demo showcases Bridge mode using the BL600 module, followed by a run through of Command mode.
The major benefit of these vSP modes within any BL600 firmware from v184.108.40.206 is simple – zero programming or development is required. Simply pull 2 hardware pins to the required states and that is it!
Laird’s vSP Bridge Mode provides for a serial cable replacement service where the default baud rate is 9600. If an OEM would like to configure various aspects of the virtual serial port, then Command mode can be utilized to query the BL600 for various information type AT commands, as well as vSP configuration parameters via AT+CFG commands (100 to 116 inclusive).
The full video demonstration is available here and further highlight’s Laird’s commitment to providing simple, easy to use BLE capabilities to the BL600 product range that speeds time to prototype and ultimately time to market.
Stay connected with the Wireless Connectivity Blog for future demonstrations, updates and announcements regarding our products.
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- Recap of LSR’s Webinar: Certification Testing when Designing with RF Modules
- 5 Key Steps for Deploying Wi-Fi Networks in Hospitals and Other Complex Environments
- Laird Modules Featured on Avnet’s New Solution for IoT Development and Prototyping Support
- New Study Suggests Connected Hospitals Could Save Thousands of Lives
- Webinar: Certification Testing when Designing with RF Modules