Laird was recently named a finalist for 2 products (BT900 Series and RAMP Bridge) in the Boards, Modules, and Embedded Systems category for the 2015 ECN Impact Awards. The ECN Impact Awards highlights the products and services that had the greatest impact on the electronic components industry in 2014. Featured product award categories include:
- Analog & Mixed Signal ICs
- Boards, Modules, and Embedded Systems
- Cooling and Thermal Management
- Digital/Logic ICs
- Electromechanical/Mechanical Devices
- and more… (For the full list of product categories visit www.ecnawards.com/award-categories)
Up for the award is Laird’s BT900 series, an intelligent dual-mode Bluetooth v4.0 module featuring smartBASIC programming language, and Laird’s RAMP Bridge, a wireless Ethernet cable replacement system. Laird’s BT900 series modules are designed for optimum performance in powered devices and sensors. The BT900 provides maximum design flexibility with the CSR 8811 silicon and the power efficient Cortex M3 microcontroller. It supports simultaneous SPP and any BLE peripheral or Central roles with a tiny footprint of 19 mm x 12.5 mm x 2.5 mm. The module’s tiny form factor, optimized power schemes and smartBASIC programming language provide a secure, stable Bluetooth environment for any embedded design.
The RAMP Bridge contains an omnidirectional antenna and is encased in an IP67 waterproof enclosure. This allows the RAMP Bridge to be deployed without the cost or complications of external, directional antennas. It provides reliable performance, connectivity, and range in a small form factor for digital signage and hospitality. With the 360-degree coverage of the omnidirectional antenna and ability to connect up to five clients in a point-to-multipoint network, the RAMP Bridge scales to any application. In addition, with the help of the web-based setup wizard, it’s simple to send data wirelessly to multiple signs, scoreboards, or readerboards.
The winners will be announced during a ceremony at the Mirage, Las Vegas on May 13, 2015 in conjunction with EDS. We are very honored to be named a finalist, especially among great companies such as Advanced Micro, Bluegiga, Data Translation, Keysight, MEN Micro, Rambus, Spansion, and Texas Instruments!
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- New 60 Series SOM & Summit Software Stack Deliver Superior Enterprise-Class Wi-Fi Connectivity
- New BL651 Module Joins Laird’s Growing Nordic Family of BLE 5 Solutions
- What You Need to Know About Bluetooth SIG Deprecation of BT v4.1 and Older Specs
- Get a First Look at Laird’s BL654 Bluetooth 5 Module
- Webinar Recap: BLE Mesh – A Practical Guide to Simplify Product Development Time
March 2021 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31