Today Laird announced the industry’s first flexible, adhesive-backed PIFA antenna specifically optimized for installation on metal surfaces. The mFlexPIFA™ can be placed directly on curved or straight metal objects and provides the best possible antenna gain and performance in a wide range of enclosures.
The mFlexPIFA joins Laird’s family of antenna solutions designed to provide unmatched flexibility and solve real-world antenna design challenges that traditional antenna products simply cannot. Typically, placing an antenna near metal surfaces will detune the antenna, but the mFlexPIFA addresses this critical technical challenge.
- Specifically tuned for direct mounting to metal surfaces
- Ability to be flexed in either concave or convex directions without sacrificing antenna performance, providing more flexibility in placement of antenna
- Small size and adhesive-backing give further mounting flexibility within your product design
The antenna is available in a 2.4 GHz version for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and general ISM applications. Samples are available now for selected customers with production units available in September.
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- What You Need to Know About Bluetooth SIG Deprecation of BT v4.1 and Older Specs
- Get a First Look at Laird’s BL654 Bluetooth 5 Module
- Webinar Recap: BLE Mesh – A Practical Guide to Simplify Product Development Time
- BL654 Bluetooth 5 Modules – Coming Soon!
- New BT8x0 Series of Bluetooth HCI Modules Now Available!
September 2018 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30