Today Laird announced the industry’s first flexible, adhesive-backed PIFA antenna specifically optimized for installation on metal surfaces. The mFlexPIFA™ can be placed directly on curved or straight metal objects and provides the best possible antenna gain and performance in a wide range of enclosures.
The mFlexPIFA joins Laird’s family of antenna solutions designed to provide unmatched flexibility and solve real-world antenna design challenges that traditional antenna products simply cannot. Typically, placing an antenna near metal surfaces will detune the antenna, but the mFlexPIFA addresses this critical technical challenge.
- Specifically tuned for direct mounting to metal surfaces
- Ability to be flexed in either concave or convex directions without sacrificing antenna performance, providing more flexibility in placement of antenna
- Small size and adhesive-backing give further mounting flexibility within your product design
The antenna is available in a 2.4 GHz version for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and general ISM applications. Samples are available now for selected customers with production units available in September.
Want to receive the latest blog posts from Laird? Subscribe Below:
- Webinar Recap: The Evolution of Bluetooth 4.0 to 5.0
- WPA2 KRACK Security Vulnerability
- Laird Updates Popular Line of Bluetooth Modules with v4.2 Connectivity!
- Now Available: Laird’s Sterling 60 Modules Provide Unmatched Connectivity and Performance
- Webinar Recap: An Engineer’s Guide to Practical FCC Compliance Pre-Scans